Friday, July 8, 2011

Like a Little Child

During the 4th of July weekend, our family was able to go camping up near Port Austin, MI for a few days.  About halfway through that trip, my one year old son, Braeden, was really tired.  Worn out from lack of naps and playing outside, I was rocking him in the hammock and he fell sound asleep.

I was struck by this, as I have been before in similar circumstances.  My son fell asleep, trusting me completely to hold him safely and take care of him while he rested.  In the Bible, God describes Himself as our Father, and tells us to cast our cares on him (1 Peter 5:7/Psalm 55:22).  Even as my son can fall asleep without fear and without worry when I hold him securely, so too we as Christians should rest in the power and goodness of God.  He is our good and loving Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment